Quick Telecast
Expect News First

Choking risks: Paramedic reveals how ice can be dangerous for children under four

0 107


As the hot weather continues, parents are being warned of the dangers of giving ice cubes to little kids, with a former paramedic dispelling the assumption that if they choke, it “will melt”.

Nikki Jurcutz, who worked as a paramedic for eight years, says she constantly warns parents not to give their kids ice cubes because of how long it would actually take to melt if their child was choking.

In an eye-opening video on her Instagram, Jurcutz reveals, “at one to three minutes, they lose consciousness.”

Watch video above.

READ MORE: Game-changing move could help slash your grocery costs

Tiny Hearts Education reveals the choking risk of ice before it can melt. (Instagram)

She goes on to reveal, “at three minutes, there is damage to the neurons in their brain.”

“At four minutes, permanent brain damage is likely.

“At 10 minutes a coma is likely.”

Jurcutz has shared the shocking video as part of her Tiny Hearts Education, which she founded after swapping the ambulance for online education.

She says she often finds parents are surprised when she tells them that ice presents a “high risk for choking”. 

LIVE UPDATES: Taylor Swift’s night out at the Super Bowl as it unfolds

Former paramedic’s warning to parents about ice on Instagram. (Instagram)

“It’s slippery, it can be round in shape, it can get stuck inside the mouth.”

She’s told her 511,000 followers that if a child is choking on ice, “I wouldn’t be waiting for the ice to melt, I would be starting choking first aid at the first signs of a choking child.”

Parents following the account went on to share their close calls with ice cubes.

One mum shared the terrifying moment her 12-month-old started choking after “naively” giving him an ice-cube to play with just a month ago.

“I’ve never been so terrified in my life as when he was silently choking, no coughs nothing, completely blocked,” she said.

READ MORE: Why Charles and Harry only met for 30 minutes

Nikki admits she’s experienced choking with her own kids as well. (Instagram)

She goes on to write, “I gave back blows and he just swallowed it. I broke down in tears after thinking how bloody close it was. Never again!!!

“I think the fact that it’s slippery makes [it] so easy to get stuck.”

Another mum revealed a scary ice choking incident led them to doing more first-aid education.

“Our eldest choked on an ice cube. Lucky hubs knew how to do back blows. I soon [did] after I did my first aid course!”

Jurcutz runs similar first-aid courses herself, but started the Instagram account to share her “Daily micro-learnings” to a wider audience in a bid to help followers “be the best parent”.




As the hot weather continues, parents are being warned of the dangers of giving ice cubes to little kids, with a former paramedic dispelling the assumption that if they choke, it “will melt”.

Nikki Jurcutz, who worked as a paramedic for eight years, says she constantly warns parents not to give their kids ice cubes because of how long it would actually take to melt if their child was choking.

In an eye-opening video on her Instagram, Jurcutz reveals, “at one to three minutes, they lose consciousness.”

Watch video above.

READ MORE: Game-changing move could help slash your grocery costs

Tiny Hearts Education reveals the choking risk of ice before it can melt. (Instagram)

She goes on to reveal, “at three minutes, there is damage to the neurons in their brain.”

“At four minutes, permanent brain damage is likely.

“At 10 minutes a coma is likely.”

Jurcutz has shared the shocking video as part of her Tiny Hearts Education, which she founded after swapping the ambulance for online education.

She says she often finds parents are surprised when she tells them that ice presents a “high risk for choking”. 

LIVE UPDATES: Taylor Swift’s night out at the Super Bowl as it unfolds

Former paramedic’s warning to parents about ice on Instagram. (Instagram)

“It’s slippery, it can be round in shape, it can get stuck inside the mouth.”

She’s told her 511,000 followers that if a child is choking on ice, “I wouldn’t be waiting for the ice to melt, I would be starting choking first aid at the first signs of a choking child.”

Parents following the account went on to share their close calls with ice cubes.

One mum shared the terrifying moment her 12-month-old started choking after “naively” giving him an ice-cube to play with just a month ago.

“I’ve never been so terrified in my life as when he was silently choking, no coughs nothing, completely blocked,” she said.

READ MORE: Why Charles and Harry only met for 30 minutes

Nikki admits she’s experienced choking with her own kids as well. (Instagram)

She goes on to write, “I gave back blows and he just swallowed it. I broke down in tears after thinking how bloody close it was. Never again!!!

“I think the fact that it’s slippery makes [it] so easy to get stuck.”

Another mum revealed a scary ice choking incident led them to doing more first-aid education.

“Our eldest choked on an ice cube. Lucky hubs knew how to do back blows. I soon [did] after I did my first aid course!”

Jurcutz runs similar first-aid courses herself, but started the Instagram account to share her “Daily micro-learnings” to a wider audience in a bid to help followers “be the best parent”.

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Quick Telecast is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment
Ads Blocker Image Powered by Code Help Pro

Ads Blocker Detected!!!

We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.

buy kamagra buy kamagra online